Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure! reference: Bret Pettichord
1 – TESTING PROCESS
The quality and effectiveness of software testing can be determined by your testing processes used. Ensure you review and improve the following regularly:
- Test design
- Test approach
- Test environment/s
2 – DEFINE REQUIREMENTS
- Agree on requirements & goals
- Ensure there is a goal for best pay back.
- Understand and agree on the expectation
3 – PROVE THE CONCEPT
- Understand where you are heading
- Prove the feasibility of your test automation project
- Validate your tools and approach as soon as possible
4 – CHAMPION PRODUCT TESTABILITY
- Understand your products interfaces (CLI’s, API’s, GUI’s)
- Determine the products testability and best way to automate
5 – SUSTAINABILITY
- Ensure test results are accurate.
- Understand errors and logs.
- Analyse and improve failures
6 – DEPLOYMENT
- Learn how to package your tests for re-use
- Document setups and execution process
- Ensure your tests are widely available for team re-use
7 – CHALLENGES
- Face the Challenges of Success!
- Stay in sync with development.
- Focus on improvements and coverage
- Maintain your investment
Find out how Testpoint can get you started with Test Automation